Popping the Question!
On your Big Day, your choice of Wedding Venue is secondary only to your choice of marriage partner! You want to ensure your guests are going to be impressed and well looked after while they celebrate with you. That is why it is so important to get it right and to ask all the right questions at the outset.
- Is the venue available on the required date? If not, what other dates can they offer you?
- Do they offer special rates for Winter and midweek weddings? What is included in the Package price? What isn`t included? Does it fall within your budget?
- What complimentary extras do they offer that other venues do not?
- Is your venue easy to find and easily accessible?
- Is the venue well-maintained and clean?
- Is your venue licensed to carry out civil ceremonies?
- If they do hold a license for civil ceremonies, what authority do they come under and can they supply names and contact details for the registrar?
- Will yours be the only wedding at your venue on our wedding day?
- How many guests can they accommodate?
- How many car parking spaces are available?
- Are the grounds attractive and suitable for your wedding photographs as well as your guests?
- Do they allow confetti to be thrown at the venue?
- Do they allow candles to be lit in the reception room?
- Are the facilities suitable for wheelchairs and frailer guests?
- Are the staff happy and engaging, as well as professional?
- Do you feel welcome and comfortable?
- Is there a Wedding Co-ordinator to help you throughout?
- Is there a Master of Ceremonies to lead the proceedings?
The Function Suites & Accommodation
- Are there separate rooms provided for the wedding, reception, meal, evening reception, etc?
- Is there a room where your guests can gather on rainy days?
- Is there a room provided for the use of “bride and groom” for the day?
- Is there a dressing room that the bride and bridesmaids can use prior to the ceremony?
- When can you have access to begin setting up the room in terms of decorating it with balloons, flowers, banners, etc? (Morning of wedding, day before, etc?)
- For the evening party, can the DJ/Band set up their equipment beforehand?
- Is there a quieter area for older guests to get away from the noise of a band/DJ?
- If rooms are available for overnight accommodation, how many? Are they attractive?
- What is the Honeymoon Suite like?
- What are the costs for overnight accommodation?
- Is breakfast included?
- What is the checkout time the following day?
- Do you have a room where you are able to store wedding presents until you are able to collect them?
- Can they supply examples of suggested menus along with prices? For the Wedding Breakfast? Evening Buffet?
- Do they offer a Menu Tasting?
- Do they include a cake stand and knife if required?
- Do you have a preferred order of service (when and where do we cut the cake)?
- What time do they offer an alcohol license until?
- What time do they insist the reception finishes by?
- Can they recommend a company to supply your wedding cake? How about other recommended suppliers?
Last, but not least, the best gauge of a venue`s success is what other Brides & Grooms (and their guests!) have had to say! Ask if you can read letters of thanks and cards. Tripadvisor also shows ratings and comments about wedding venues. Above all, if in doubt………ASK!! You`re entitled to know!